Episode 13: Social Media, The Advertising World & the Black Lives Matter Movement
Welcome to the thirteenth episode of the Cocktails & Content Creation Podcast! For this episode, we’re discussing social media, the advertising world and the Black Lives Matter Movement with influencer and Digital Advertising Manager, Alexa M. Johnson.
In our thirteenth episode you’ll learn:
- Why social media may not be the best outlet for the Black Lives Matter movement
- How the advertising world can do better by people of color
- Why change in the advertising industry needs to come from the top down
- Why white people shouldn’t be asking our black friends to explain racism
- Why hiring for diversity’s sake as well as holding diversity meetings does not help the problem
About our Guest:
Alexa Johnson runs the affordable fashion and lifestyle blog Alexa M. Johnson. When she's not blogging, she’s working at her 9-5 is working as a Digital Manager at a PR company in Boston, MA. She is also the founder of The Essentials Box, a turmeric facial scrub that is natural and gentle on skin, and a contributor to Darling Magazine.
Thanks for Listening!
Links & Resources:
- The Essentials Box
- “My Experience in the Advertising Industry as a Black Woman”
- Alexa’s Articles for Darling Magazine
Until next time, cheers to your next cocktail and happy content creating!
Hosts of “The Cocktails and Content Creation Podcast”