Episode 18: Our Own Business Mistakes & How to Avoid Them
Welcome to the eighteenth episode of the Cocktails & Content Creation Podcast! Though we like to think of ourselves as experts in content creation, we are not perfect - far from it! We’ve made plenty of mistakes in our businesses and that’s what we’re going to discuss today. We’re sharing our own business mistakes and how you can avoid them.
In our eighteenth episode you’ll learn many of our business mistakes and how we’re working to fix them including:
- How we started out not charging what we’re worth and how we got over it
- Why not setting business hours or boundaries can cause burnout as well as how you can establish those working hours
- How saying “yes” to every opportunity can actually hold you back and how you can politely decline
- Why networking can help with any business
- Why you should start an email list
- Why you need to take into account all the expenses that it takes to actually run a business and how you can do that from the beginning
- Why you may want to consider outsourcing sooner rather than later
- Why you should never think that if you build it they will come
Thanks for Listening!
Until next time, cheers to your next cocktail and happy content creating!
Hosts of “The Cocktails and Content Creation Podcast”