Episode 36: How Bookkeeping can actually help Influencers and Businesses Scale
Welcome to episode thirty-six of the Cocktails & Content Creation Podcast! For this episode, we’re going to talk about the metrics entrepreneurs need to know to measure success and how to figure out what you can pay yourself with Parker Stevenson of Evolved Finance.
In our thirty-sixth episode you’ll learn:
- Why you need to separate your business and personal finances even when you’re just starting out
- Why there isn’t one single formula to figure out how much you can pay yourself
- The things you need to know before figuring out how much you can pay yourself as an entrepreneur
- What you should take into account before hiring an accountant
- The minimum profit percentage that you should be shooting for in your business
- Why you shouldn’t try to stay in the same place in your business and always try to push for growth
- How many months of operating costs you should have saved up
- How you can go from feeling intimated by your business’s finances to becoming empowered
About our Guest:
Parker Stevenson is a managing partner and the Chief Business Officer at Evolved Finance; a bookkeeping firm that specializes in helping online entrepreneurs to build more profitable and financially stable online businesses. For over 6 years, Parker has been advising some of the top coaches, course creators, influencers, and thought leaders on how to make more sound business decisions using their financial data. Before joining Evolved Finance, Parker spent five years at Adidas America where he became the US product manager for golf footwear.
Thanks for Listening!
Links & Resources:
- Evolved Finance
- Evolved Finance on Facebook
- @evolvedfinance on Instagram
- @evolvedfinance on Twitter
- Know Your Numbers Now! Finance Workshop
Until next time, cheers to your next cocktail and happy content creating!
Hosts of “The Cocktails and Content Creation Podcast”